- The information we collect and how we use it
- When you register for any of our services we need to know:
– your name and/or business name and address and post code. Without this we won’t know where to send your order or to whom. We also use postcodes to quickly get your full address and to assist third party carriers to deliver goods to you
– telephone number. If there are any problems with your order or we need to check anything, we need to be able to contact you quickly
– email address. When required we send a confirmation of your order(s) via email as well as other service related communications. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications these may also be sent by email or post.We gather this information to allow us to process your registration and to fulfil your request. The relevant information is then retained by Phoenix Smokery unless you instruct us to remove it.
If you write to us we may keep a record of the correspondence.
- We will not share or pass your data to anyone else unless:
– that person or organisation is acting on our behalf. For example, your address and contact details will be given to third-party carriers and postal fulfilment providers to enable deliveries to be completed.
– you give us express consent
– we are required by the law to do so.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop the Website and our services. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agents may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
- From time to time we may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our Website, promotions, or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
- Access your informationYou have the right access your personal data we have on file. In order to see this please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and you will receive a response within one month of the date of your request.
- These cookies are necessary. A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a user’s computer hard drive by a Website. There are several types of cookie and the most common are often referred to as ‘session’ cookies. These are used to keep track of information about a user’s session as they travel from page to page within a Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a few minutes of the user leaving the site. Our Website only uses short-lived “session cookies” in order to provide the stated functionality for users. In addition, and to help us improve the service we offer, extra cookies are used to gather anonymous statistics regarding how our website is used.
- Protection of your personal data
- We know it is important to protect and manage all personal data.
- We use computer safeguards such SSL certificates and data encryption to protect our database. This is only accessed by responsibly trained Phoenix Smokery personnel and/or our third-party IT support providers who will also access the servers and the data from time to time.
- We will not pass personal data to anyone else unless that person is acting on our behalf, you give us express consent, or we are required by law to do so.
- Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard personal data, it should be noted that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
- We use a reputable third-party provider (Worldpay) to process all card payments for purchases through our website. When you pay for an order through our website, you will be taken to our third-party payment provider to make your payment before being directed back to our website. Our third-party payment provider is fully PCI compliant and they securely encrypt any data you provide in order to process your payment. We have no access to our customer’s payment card details and we do not handle or store these details in any way.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to have your personal information erased from our database. If you wish to do so, then please email the data controller at email@example.com or call 01277 840420.
- Likewise, you have the right to view, update or restrict the personal data we have for you on our database. If you wish to do so, then please email the data controller firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01277 840420.
- Your consent
- When you submit your information, we will specifically request that you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
- How to contact us