Welcome to Phoenix Smokery situated deep in the heart of the Essex Countryside on the picturesque village of Stock. As you can see this is one phoenix that truly did rise from the ashes. The ashes being our previous multi-award winning Old Barn Smokery which (for the superstitious amongst us) was destroyed by fire on Friday 13th April 2018. So, as you cant keep a good smokery down, 18 months later we were back on the same site but bigger and even better than ever. We now have space for a small shop for our smoked products and also a few delicious products from other small local producers… why not come and check it out.
Since the rebuild we now have small (and a little quirky) restaurant at the smokery where we are able offer a comprehensive breakfast menu, as well as a 3-course lunch and dinner menu from 12pm with the last table booking at 8:30pm. Additionally on the 1st Wednesday evening of each month we now offer a full 7-course taster menu. All our features elements of our delicious smoked products.
Other event we hold include;
- A small number of Curing and Smoking courses. which are held throughout the year. Where you can learn all about curing and smoking at home and the best bit is at then end of the day you get to eat or take home the food you have produced.
- Our Open Days on the first Sunday of each month (excluding January) What could be better than a chance to look around the smokey, sample free tasters of products and perhaps sit and enjoy a light meal and refreshments.
Our ethos is to produce the highest quality smoked products, free from preservatives and artificial flavouring and using ethically sourced products, from local British producers. We take great care at every stage: from sourcing quality ingredients to preparation (curing and smoking) to our packaging and delivery.
We only use natural ingredients in our cures and brines, and all our products are smoked only using natural wood smoke using traditional methods, albeit with a modern twist.
Our aim is to:
- To produce the finest quality, subtly smoked products free from artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives;
- To use only the finest quality ingredients;
- To support local & British producers by buying local wherever possible;
- To use ethically sourced and sustainable ingredients;
- To ensure we always provide our customers with a friendly, high quality level of service,and
- Support our chosen charity Alzheimer’s Research.
Our latest development projects of Phoenix Smokery Ltd – ‘New Smokery Business’, and ‘Improving production and product flexibility’ are proudly supported by The Leader Programme: European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and Rural Community Council of Essex (Essex Rivers LAG) The projects allowed us to reopen the smokery and improve our production which will enable us to, provide better amenities and more jobs for the area.