Our story so far…
Welcome to Phoenix Smokery situated deep in the heart of the Essex Countryside on the picturesque village of Stock. As you can see this is one phoenix that truly did rise from the ashes. The ashes being our previous multi-award winning Old Barn Smokery which (for the superstitious amongst us) was destroyed by fire on Friday 13th April 2018. So, as you cant keep a good smokery down, 18 months later we were back on the same site but bigger and even better than ever. We now have space for a small shop for our smoked products and also a few delicious products from other small local producers… why not come and check it out.
We are now able to offer Smokery Tours and Meals as well as Curing and Smoking courses. What could be better than a tour to see how a smokery works, then sit down to a 3-course lunch or dinner (each course features elements of our delicious smoked products with a glass of local wine.
Our ethos is to produce the highest quality smoked products, free from preservatives and artificial flavouring and using ethically sourced products, from local British producers. We take great care at every stage: from sourcing quality ingredients to preparation (curing and smoking) to our packaging and delivery.
We only use natural ingredients in our cures and brines, and all our products are smoked only using natural wood smoke using traditional methods, albeit with a modern twist.
Our aim is to:
- To produce the finest quality, subtly smoked products free from artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives;
- To use only the finest quality ingredients;
- To support local & British producers by buying local wherever possible;
- To use ethically sourced and sustainable ingredients;
- To ensure we always provide our customers with a friendly, high quality level of service,and
- Support our chosen charity Alzheimer’s Research.